The PC Support Group overview
The PC Support Group is an award winning company that provides high quality IT support to small businesses and home users throughout the UK.
The business started in early 2006 in Liverpool with the goal of providing “corporate quality” IT support to small businesses and home users without the associated high costs. In early 2007 the company was restructured and re-branded as The PC Support Group and today we have a number independently owned and managed offices throughout the UK and serve over 1500 customers from diverse sectors including Manufacturing, Finance, Healthcare, Leisure, Insurance and Marketing to name a few.
We have achieved this success through our unique structure which combines advanced support technology with local, friendly, professional delivery to provide a flexible, high quality service… at an affordable price. The unwavering focus of the business is to remove our client’s worries and concerns about their computers and anything that communicates with, runs on, or connects to them.
Our support technology enables us to monitor and manage all our client’s computers simultaneously and pro-actively work on them preventing problems before they occur – saving time and money. Most problems can be fixed remotely, often within minutes, but we also have engineers based throughout the UK ready to visit clients when needed.
We don’t patronise our clients, we work with them to achieve their goals through technology, not despite it. And we don’t try to confuse with technical jargon. Our staff understand people and business, not just technology. The PC Support Group’s unique structure provides our clients with superb support and a level of service that is the envy of the industry.
If you would like to know how we can help you then please call us on 0845 2233 116 or fill in the ‘How can We Help?’ form on the right hand side of the page.
What Services Do We Provide?
As we mentioned above, we really only offer one service… to remove all your worries and concerns about your computers and anything that communicates with, runs on, or connects to them. If we can achieve this we know our customers will be delighted that they can concentrate on using them to achieve their goals, whether that’s simply doing some on-line shopping or growing a successful business.
More specifically our services include:
- Troubleshooting And Repairs
- ‘No Tie In’ Home & Business Service Contracts
- Virus Detection, Removal and Protection
- Preventative Maintenance
- Data Recovery and Backup
- Broadband Installation
- Hardware Recommendation and Supply – anything from a cable to an entire office infrastructure
- New PC Set-up
- Network installation and maintenance
- Software Supply, Installation and Set-up
- System Specification, Installation & Maintenance
- Web Design
- Help, Advice and Training
- VoIP – Internet phone calls
For more detailed information on the above see our Products & Services page. If the service you require is not here then we can almost certainly still help you so give us a call on 0845 2233116 to discuss your requirements in more detail.
For our Head Office address and other contact details see the Contact Us page.
The Directors behind The PC Support Group:
Philip Bird – Managing Director
- 20+ years of Director level management experience
- IT technical background but with substantial experience in people management and team building – built and managed a team of over 100 to support 2500+ staff in UK insurance and finance company
- Successfully started, built and eventually sold his own software company
- Worked as European product manager for a large American corporation
- Managed large scale projects including HR, Finance and CRM systems
- Phil has a Physics & Computing Degree from Manchester
- He is married to Leigh and they have a son
- Phil loves Art, Painting, Mountain Biking, Running, Weight Training and Travel … when he gets time!
Simon Albert – Operations Director
- 18+ years of IT Service and Support Experience
- IT Manager for the European Division of the world’s largest paper and paper product producer Simon managed a budget of over £1M, implemented a number of cutting edge projects and massively increased the productivity of the IT department.
- IT Contractor for a number of years working on various projects including ones for The Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation and The Greater Manchester Fire Service
- Considerable technical skills in a variety of operating systems, software, networks, databases, programming languages and hardware platforms
- Simon has a Business Information Systems Degree from Liverpool, John Moores University
- He is married to Stella and has two daughters
- Enjoys spending time with the family and is a keen follower of the financial press and follows the rise and fall of the property and stock markets with interest
Our Regional Directors
The PC Support Group has a unique company structure aimed at giving you (our customers) the best and most flexible service offering available in the industry. Not only can we support you instantly via our remote management software but we have local representatives throughout the country that can visit you when required. Each local division is headed up by one of our Regional Directors. They manage a small team of technicians to ensure you get personal and professional assistance at all times.
Our Service Engineers
The PC Support Group operates a mobile force of technical experts. They are not only passionate about technology and highly skilled technicians but they also manage your problem from start to finish. They are also friendly and happy to talk you through anything that they are doing so you don’t feel left in the dark.
How can we help?
Ask us a question and our team will respond within the hour.
What our customers say…
John Glennon, MW Brands (John West)
Emma Lodge, Balance Accounting Solutions