As we all look forward to a prosperous New Year it’s worth taking time to recognise the achievements of 2015 and giving yourself a well-earned pat on the back.
At The PC Support Group we were pleased to win the “Service Provider of the Year” title at the 2015 Network Computing Awards. We’d love to tell you why too – but first of all, let us explain a little about us. There’s a point to this, read on…
• The PC Support Group specialises in providing “corporate quality” IT support to small and medium sized businesses throughout the Northwest of England. We have grown continuously and sustainably for nearly a decade and we now have hundreds of customers from diverse sectors
• We have achieved this success through our unique structure which combines advanced support technology with local, friendly, professional delivery to provide a flexible, high quality service at an affordable price. The unwavering focus of the business is to remove our client’s worries and concerns about their computers and anything that communicates with, runs on, or connects to them
• Our support technology enables us to monitor and manage all our client’s computers simultaneously and proactively work on them preventing problems before they occur – saving time and money. Most problems can be fixed remotely, often within minutes, but we also have engineers based in offices throughout the Northwest ready to visit clients when needed
• We don’t patronise our clients, we work with them to achieve their goals through technology, not despite it. And we don’t try to confuse with technical jargon. Our staff understand people and business, not just technology. The PC Support Group’s unique structure provides our clients with superb support and a level of service that is the envy of the industry
• The PC Support Group is also a member of the Apple Consultants Network and has qualified engineers ready to provide Apple Mac support and assistance with other Apple devices. The sheer scope, scale and quality of our offer to SMEs make us different from the rest. And it makes us the best.
That’s a lot to say – it’s a long marketing message! Certainly too much for Twitter’s meagre word count and anyway, with the information highway being fast and overloaded these days, your target market wants quick soundbites they feel they have the TIME to read! That’s where winning awards comes in and why it’s been so fantastic to win something just about every year.
What better soundbite than “Award-Winning IT Support” to encapsulate what you do and the fact that you’re excellent at it too?
Many of our awards have been won as a result of passing scrutiny by a panel of judges. For example, being listed in the MSP Top 100 Managed Service Providers in the world, etc.
Those won by vote are just as useful. We write to all our customers and contacts to tell them we’ve been nominated in the first place (we don’t always find out who has done so) and to ask them to vote. A legitimate reason to drop an e-mail, to remind people who we are and let them know we’re good enough for a nomination which, in itself is something to shout about – and the world of online social media gets to know about it too!
On awards evenings there is plenty to tweet about as the excitement builds but none to over-ride the joy of winning! What a great feeling going up to that stage to collect a smart glass trophy knowing that so many people have believed in your service excellence to vote for you in droves!
Now, if writing to tell everyone we were nominated is a very useful exercise – it can’t top writing again to thank them for voting and helping us win. It can’t top the new tweets, other online social media output, press releases, and a news item by the local chamber – complete with superb photos and, of course, the all-important winners logo. That smart trophy has taken its place with the others we have won down the years, and the logo is a permanent fixture on our website, our e-mails and all our marketing literature.
Indeed, from our latest corporate photos, the one we chose for our Social Media header was one of the team holding aloft all the trophies and certificates we have worked so hard for – from Excellence in Customer Service to being listed in the Top 100 Managed Service Providers in the world. Well, they say a picture paints a thousand words!
As we said earlier, nothing says you’re superb at what you do as quickly and easily as an award and we’re grateful to everyone who ever nominated us, voted for us, or judged us to be so over the years.